Visualizations since May 2010

sábado, 20 de fevereiro de 2016

IF I WAS A SCOT I WOULD BE A PROUD ONE - Edimburgh

Edimburgh, Scotland

I leave england to enter in the Celtic Soul, through the doors of Edimburgh, Scotland’s capital since 1492. Taken by two beautiful celtic women, one that I love from a long time, another one that I love recently, I slide through this knight and round table  atmosphere until I get the summit in the overwhelming Edimburg castle. I get lost in the imagination that this kind of environments always bring, recovering the histories of the History that I have drunken in my father’s huge library. And the histories of both England and Scotland are filled with those ironies so common in the British humor. Take a look and see if you agree
After the romans (see the previous post) Britannia was invaded and dominated by german people (anglo saxonic are in fact german people). Scotland (Picts and Scots) resisted infinitely to the romans and Vikings, first, and later to the English, establishing definitively the kingdom of Scotland, through the strong and beloved dynasty of the Stuarts. But a stroke of hazard had left England without a prince (Queen Elizabeth) to be a king, and James VI of Scotland was crowned as James I of England. Everything went upside down. The king of Scotland became the King of England, but transferred the center of the kingdom from Edimburgh to London and a few years later “annexed” Scotland to generate Great Britain. It is funny to thing about the actual separatism of Scotland
They are crazy, these Scots  
I let myself move freely through the flavour of this history, taking the chance of bumping into some of my Heroes of Forever, like David Livingstone, whose steps I have been chasing in Africa, Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of that myth of detectives that is Sherlock Holmes, the man who strongly incentivized my logical thinking, the inavoidable Sean Connery whom I have lnown as James Bond and the king (Alex Ferguson) of that game that have given mind peace through the times. Taken by the music of Lee Maddeford (Women just like you and Petit Guy) and Adam Seltzer (Well)

IF I WAS A SCOTTISH I WOULD BE A PROUD ONE - Edimburgo from nunocruz on Vimeo.

Saio da Inglaterra para entrar na alma celta pela porta de Edimburgo, capital da Escócia desde 1492.
Levado por duas “celtas”, uma que conheço desde há muito, outra que conheço desde há pouco, deslizo nessa atmosfera de távola redonda que envolve a cidade, até ao supremo castelo de Edimburgo. Perco-me no imaginário que esse tipo de envolvência sempre me dá, revivo histórias da História que bebi na imensa biblioteca do meu pai. E as histórias de Inglaterra e Escócia, são polvilhadas de ironias deliciosamente britanicas. Senão vejamos. A Inglaterra foi tomada e formada a partir de povos germânicos (anglos, saxões), após a romanização dos celtas que lá viviam. A Escócia resistiu aos romanos e aos vikings, primeiro, e depois à própria Inglaterra, firmando-se definitivamente como reino (vejo tanta semelhança com Portugal nesse percurso), com uma liderança forte e incontestada dos Stuart. Mas um golpe do destino põe Inglaterra sem herdeiro (queen elizabeth), e assim o trono acabou nas mãos Jaime VI da Escócia, coroado como Jaime I de Inglaterra. Tudo virado de pernas para o ar. O rei da Escócia torna-se rei de Inglaterra, mas transfere o centro do reino de Edimburgo para Londres e pouco depois a Escócia é “anexada” para formar a Grã-Bretanha. Não deixa de ser irónico o separatismo escocês.
Estes Escoceses são Loucos 
Deixo-me andar por ali, passarinhando ao sabor dessa história e aproveitando para tropeçar em alguns dos meus “heróis”, como David Livingstone cuja vida de aventuras tenho vindo a perseguir em África, Arthur Conan Doyle o criador dessa figura mítica que é Sherlock Holmes cujos livros devorei na juventude e me ajudaram a criar a base do meu estado racional, o inevitável sedutor Sean Connery que conheci como James Bond, Alex Ferguson, rei nesse jogo que tanto povoa os meus tempos verdadeiramente livres. Leva-me a musica de Lee Maddeford (Women just like you e Petit Guy) e Adam Seltzer (Well)

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Não me canso de te ouvir
De sonhar e de sorrir
De dizer e de sentir
O grito da "Primavera"!
O imaginário à distância de um brado
O barco, a vela e o mastro
Onde passou o "estio"?
A passo um calafrio
Algazarra e ventania
A intensa rebeldia
Pião e prisioneira

Sonhar e acordar...
Escutar com agrado pequenas histórias da grande História

Tens alma e tens coração, tens tudo o que é de bom
Por tudo o que partilhas
Tens a minha gratidão

Com saudade
Nica

Nuno Cruz disse...

Tãnnn liiiindo. Beijinhos bons, meu niquitos